Q. What do I need to use C-Tel?
1. You will need broadband access to the internet. Remember that calls count towards your data usage. Select voice quality in settings
2. You will need a soft phone or alternate device which lets you make calls over the internet. If you want to make video calls you will need to make sure your device has video support.
3. If you're using any of the Remote Access services you won't need a broadband connection.
Q. I want to Bring My Own Device but need to know if it will work with C-Tel - what does it need?
1. Your device will need to be SIP V2 or above compliant
2. It will need to support on of these codes iLBC, GSM, G.711 codec
3. If you want to connect a traditional fax it will need to support T.38 pass through
4. If you want to use video calling it will need to support H.264 or H.263